This document outlines PSA Newbury terms of business
These conditions set out the basis upon which Pragna’s Serviced Apartments accepts bookings to rent its properties (‘properties’). References in these conditions to ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’, are references to Pragna’s service apartments. References to ‘you’, ‘your’, are references to the person, company organisation making the booking and all members of the rental party who have been accepted by us. These conditions set out the basis of your contract with us. By placing the booking with us you are accepting these conditions. All offers and bookings are subject to availability.
All rates are quoted are based on the rates prevailing at the time that a booking is confirmed. Once a booking is confirmed Pragna’s Serviced Apartments will not change the rate unless you change the booking. Rates are subject to change without notice and may vary for currency exchange movements where applicable between UK and overseas locations.
Confirmation of Booking
These conditions are accepted by you on behalf of all guests at the time of receipt of the booking confirmation. It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure that all guests are given a copy of these conditions and understand that they are bound by them.
The booking procedure is only complete when you have received the booking confirmation with details of the property etc.
It is the responsibility of the booker to notify Pragna’s Serviced Apartments of the names of all the relevant guests and whether they are adults or minors.
In respect to all bookings made for properties not operated by Pragna’s Serviced Apartments, we act as an introductory agent on behalf of our preferred suppliers. All bookings for a preferred supplier property will be subject to the terms of Business for the preferred supplier in addition to these conditions. You will be notified at the time of the booking if the apartment on offer is operated by a preferred supplier.
If you book within 2 weeks of your arrival date or if your booking is for less than 4 days you must pay in full by cleared funds at the time of booking.
Payment is to be made in pounds sterling only
Full payment is due 2 weeks before the date of arrival. If the booking made is within 2 weeks of the arrival date then full payment is due at the time of the booking.
Prices are quoted in pounds sterling and are subject to change. Once a booking has been confirmed we will not increase the price unless you later the booking.
All prices quotes are exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) and you will be required to pay VAT (where chargeable) at the prevailing rate.
Invoices confirming the booking will be dispatched as part of the booking procedure.
Should your account be overdue for payment we reserve the right to charge interest at 4% above the Bank of England base rate from the due date for payment.
If any payment you make is not honoured for any reason whatsoever, we are entitled to recover any reasonable admin costs we incur as a result of this non payment in addition to the outstanding debt.
Methods of Payment
We are pleased to accept the following methods of payment:-
- Credit Cards: We accept all major credit and debit cards including American Express. A credit card charge is levied on all credit card transactions.
- Bank transfers: Our bank details are available on request. If you intend to pay by bank transfer this should reach our account net of all bank charges. Please ask your bank to show your name and Booking Reference on the transfer. A copy of the transfer should also be e-mailed / faxed to us.
- Cheques can be used for UK POUNDS STERLING payments only. They should then be sent, with your Name & Booking Reference number to our office address. Seven days should be allowed for your cheque to arrive and for the funds to clear. Accordingly, payment cannot be accepted by cheque within a week from the arrival date.
Deposits & Additional Charges
Unless you are booking with us on behalf of a company that has satisfied our own internal credit check procedures, a deposit of £350 covering any potential breakages at or damages to the Property or loss of contents during your stay with us and other Additional Charges arising is due at time of booking. A valid credit card is required to hold this deposit against. If in our opinion there were no breakages at or damages to the Property or loss of contents during your stay or other Additional Charges arising, the full amount of the deposit will be refunded to your credit card account within 7 days of the end of your stay with us.
The debit or credit card details used for the booking will be held and that credit card will be charged for all additional charges incurred by any Guest (“Additional Charges”), including but not limited to:
- We expect our apartments to be left in a reasonable state of repair and cleanliness on departure. If, at our discretion, additional works are required on departure to return the apartment to a reasonable state, the cost of these works will be charged as an additional charge to the card holder.
- breakages, loss or damage to the Property or any of its contents;
- cleaning / specialist treatment charges where more than routine cleaning is needed or smoking has occurred in a non-smoking apartment; As all our apartments are non-smoking, we reserve the right to charge £100 plus VAT (in addition to the general cleaning charges) for specialist cleaning to an apartment and/or its contents where smoking has taken place.
- lost keys, electronic fobs or car park passes (at £50 for each set)
- any other financial loss to us e.g. where damage means the Property cannot be immediately re-occupied and our administrative costs.
- Late departure: All additional hours after 10am will be charged as admin fee of up to value of one day unless otherwise agreed.
- A written statement of the Additional Charges will be sent to you at the time the debit or credit card is charged the sum of the Additional Charges.ol.apartments ul.meta
- Where the level of the Additional Charges are not stated inol.apartments ul.metathese Conditions, we will charge the actual cost of the cleaning, replacement, repair, services or loss (as appropriate) to you, together with any administration costs.
Extensions/Cancellations/Alterations to Bookings
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing.
No refunds will be made for non arrivals.
Bookings for properties such as our apartments are almost invariably made well in advance and for relatively lengthy stays in comparison with hotels or other travel accommodation. It is very difficult, therefore, to re-let an apartment after a booking has been cancelled particularly at short notice.
If you cancel your booking then a cancellation charge will be payable, based on the number of days before your arrival date that we receive written notification of your cancellation, as shown in the following table. This means that if you have paid the balance of your total cost and then have to, or wish to, cancel, you may receive a refund of part of such cost. However, if you have not paid your total cost by the time of your cancellation, you may be required to make a further payment by way of cancellation charge. For the purpose of this table, cost means the total cost of the booking, including any extra items already booked by you.
The notice periods are:
- for bookings of 14 nights or less, 7 days clear notice prior to the date of arrival;
- for bookings of 15 to 30 nights, 10 days clear notice prior to the date of arrival;
- for bookings of 31 to 42 nights, 14 days clear notice prior to the date of arrival; and
- for bookings of 43 nights or more, 21 days clear notice prior to the date of arrival.
Charges where sufficient notice is not given:
- for bookings of 14 nights or less – first night rate will be charged
- for bookings of 15 – 30 nights 5 nights rate will be charged
- for bookings of 30 nights plus 7 nights rate will be charged
- for a no show 100% of the booking will be charged
In addition, any security deposit paid by you will be refunded in full, unless there are any outstanding charges due to us, in which case you agree that we are entitled to use the security deposit towards such outstanding charges.
Should you wish to extend the period of stay a minimum of 7 days notice is required in writing.
We cannot guarantee any extension, which is subject to availability of the Property, An alternative apartment may be offered if the Property has been booked for all or part of the required extension period.
We reserve the right to charge a different price for the Property for any period of extension. Payment for the extension period will be required immediately that we confirm the availability of the Property or alternative apartment(s) to the Guest or to you.
These Conditions apply to any extension of the booking in the same way that they apply to the original booking.
Failure to check in on the date of arrival and/or any cancellations of bookings (or part bookings) owing to disruption to or cancellation of your travel arrangements, whether caused by act of God, industrial action, or other circumstances not being the fault of Pragna’s Serviced Apartments will not reduce or cancel your liability for the full cost of the booking, and if applicable, cancellation charges. You are therefore advised to take out adequate insurance to cover your losses in such situations.
If you wish to depart before the booked departure date, the cancellation fee will apply, and you will be charged the nightly rate multiplied by the number of days which should have been included in the notice period. Notice of early departure must be received by us in writing for refunds to apply where due.
Accommodation & Occupancy
The Property is not for use as the principal or additional home or residence of the Guests. The Property is only to be used either as temporary accommodation, holiday accommodation, or as accommodation in connection with the business needs of you, your organisation and/or the Guests, as appropriate. No persons other than the Guests have the right to use the Property.
These Conditions amount to a contractual agreement for the use of the Property either as temporary or holiday accommodation ancillary to the requirements of your/the Guests’ business and do not create a tenancy of the Property (periodic or otherwise). No relationship of landlord and tenant is created between us and the Guests.
These Conditions constitute an excluded agreement under section (3A)(7)(a) of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 (as amended) and cannot be construed as an assured tenancy under the Housing Act 1988 (as amended).
We cannot always guarantee the exact apartment number(s) prior to arrival but will accommodate the Guests in apartment(s) of an equivalent standard and nearby location. No refund will be payable in such circumstances.
The Property is only to be used by the maximum number of Guests suitable for the Property, as advertised by us. All Guest names should be submitted at the time of booking. Any variation in the identity of the Guests must be notified to us in writing in advance of arrival. The Property must not be slept in by any other persons. All Guests must have identification documents with them on arrival for checking.
The price for the use of the Property includes:
- the supply of water, electricity, gas, sewerage, (as applicable and for reasonable usage)
- payments in respect of Council Tax;
- television licence fee;
- telephone line rental;
- one broadband internet connection;
- weekly housekeeping service
The rental price does not include:
- items listed under condition for deposits and additional charges
- telephone call charges; or
- the provision of food or beverages.
We cannot be held responsible for any failure or interruption of services to the Property, or for any damage, disruption or noise caused as a result of repair works being carried out in another part of the building.
Access to the property:
- Guests do not have exclusive access to the property and we, our staff and contractors have the right of access to the property and will always notify you in advance, however in the case of an emergency we may be required to enter the property without notice.
- Weekly housekeeping visits to the Property may occur without notice – although we do inform you at the time of check-in.
- Smoking is not permitted in any Property.
- Pets must not be kept at or allowed to visit the Property.
- Guests are responsible for the safety of their own belongings and the behaviour of their children whilst at the Property.
- Guests must use the Property responsibly and with respect for other guests staying in nearby apartments.
- Guests must keep the Property, and its furniture, fittings and effects in the same condition as on the date of arrival, wear and tear allowing, and must leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order as it was on arrival, in order to avoid incurring any Additional Charges.
- Guests must notify us of all damage, loss or broken items, or matters requiring maintenance, in the manner set out in the Welcome Folder.
- Guests’ belongings must be removed from the Property on the date of departure. All lost property will be kept by us for a maximum of one month from the date of discovery, and thereafter may be discarded or given to charity.
- Regular servicing and cleaning of the Property is essential in order to maintain our high standards and minimise health and safety risks and fire hazards to Guests and our staff. Accordingly the Property must be kept free of unnecessary clutter and excess personal belongings, in order that the regular cleaning and servicing of the Property by our staff is not hindered in any way. Sufficient cupboard and wardrobe space is available at the Property for the storage of personal items during your stay. If we are unable to clean or maintain the Property (including carrying out weekly housekeeping) because of excess clutter or disarray caused by Guests’ belongings, we will give the Guest(s) 72 hours written notice of the need to provide access to all parts of the Property, free of clutter, mess and excess personal belongings in order that cleaning and maintenance can occur. If at the second visit the property remains cluttered we shall apply an additional charge of a minimum of £150 to cover the costs of inspection, service of the notice and comprehensive cleaning of the Property.
- We reserve the right to terminate Guests’ stay prior to their scheduled departure date should the weekly cleaning and maintenance of the Property not be possible owing to excess clutter or disarray caused by Guests’ belongings.
Broadband & Telephone:
- We are not responsible for loss or damage to Guests’ own computers whilst in the Property or whilst connected to the broadband connection at the Property.
- Guests must not use the broadband connection at the Property for illegal or immoral purposes.
- Guests are responsible for the cost of all landline telephone calls made at the property.
Arrivals & Departures
Check in is from 15:00 on the date of arrival.
Check out is before 10:00 on the date of departure.
You should contact us at least 48 hours prior to arrival at the Property to confirm the arrival time and the key collection procedure for the Property.
The Welcome Folder within the Property will confirm the procedure for check out.
Failure to check out on time may result in extra charges commensurate with the level of interruption caused.
Insurance & Liability
Pragna’s Serviced Apartments cannot be held responsible in any way for loss of or damage to personal belongings at the apartment locations. Nor can we be held liable for the acts or defaults caused by third parties. You are advised to ensure your own insurance policies cover loss or damage to personal property during your stay. We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel and personal insurance.
Furthermore, we cannot be held responsible for any personal injury however caused at the accommodation provided.
Pragna’s Serviced Apartments cannot be deemed liable in the unlikely event that any reserved parking is unavailable during your stay with us. Pragna’s Serviced Apartments are not liable for any additional costs which may be incurred by the non-provision of this service.
Internet services are provided by 3rd party suppliers and as such Pragna’s Serviced Apartments cannot be deemed liable in the unlikely event that any such service is either unavailable or not functioning properly during your stay with us. On such occasions a refund will be made only of the separate charges taken for this service and not provided. Pragna’s Serviced Apartments are not liable for any additional costs which may be incurred by the non-provision of this service.
Any items left in the apartment will be kept for 1 month after the departure date (except post). Any items posted to the guest will be liable £20 admin charge and postage charge.
Please note that apartments are individual and vary in style, size and layouts so furnishing details are not uniformly standard. Please contact us for further information on individual apartments.
Every effort has been made by Pragna’s Serviced Apartments to ensure that the information and images on its website are accurate; however, information and images are subject to change without notice.